With COVID-19 on the doors of every house, hanging out with friends has been not only becomes less frequent but also restricted as well. Then comes the idea of virtual party. The OTT giant has come up with the concept of Netflix Party which is nowadays known as TeleParty. In which you can watch your favourite movie, show or documentary with your favourite ones together, but under different roofs of their own houses.
If you want to know about same then stay hooked on with the article.
Following are the steps to have party of your own with no restriction on number of attendants.
Steps to be followed by heart to invite your friends to the virtual house party:
- You have to use one of your chromium browsers say Chrome, Brave or latest Microsoft Edge.
- Download “Netflix Party is now TeleParty” or simply “TeleParty” extension from the web store. After successful installation, you will notice an icon for same has been created, and is placed on the top right corner with the other extensions of your browser.
- Then you will go to Netflix home page and search for the movies you want to see. And Play it. Now just pause it and head to TeleParty extension.
- This is the time when you can start the party. You can also set the control to play, pause, rewind and fast forward the show by checking the “Only I have control” checkbox, or leave it as it is so that anyone can have the control and everyone is at same page.
- Click on Start the Party. You will get a link. Copy that and share it with your loved ones. Make sure that your loved ones also have same extension in their respective browsers. It advised to use Chromium based Browsers like Chrome, Brave or Edge for hassle free integration.
- You will see a chat box appears on right side of the window and this is for your chats in real time and any one can share the link to more of our friends for more enjoyment.
- For more identification everyone can chose their nicknames and an avatar to make them different from other in the party.
- The above option will appear on the top side of the chat box.
- If you have skipped a number of shows, then the party ceases to exist. Now you have to create a fresh party and follow the same process from start.
- You have to create a new link for every new episode that you are watching and every participant have to enter through the new link as one link remains active for the episode you are watching.
- To stop the party you just have to do one little thing. Just head to that “Teleparty” icon again and click “Disconnect”. This will stop syncing the show therefore the party is over.
Teleparty can be used with other platforms as well like Hulu, Disney+ and many others.
In this tough times get smart and host a virtual party. No one will stop you.