Today, you will not surprise anyone with a mobile phone that can take pictures, access the Internet, shoot high-quality videos, work with documents, etc. Moreover, progress does not stand still, and most of these functions are already able to do even wristwatches, for example – the iWatch (Apple). But how can everyone figure it out if you previously had an ordinary mobile phone without all this, which could just call and send/receive SMS? This will be discussed in today’s article – about smartphones.
So, what is a smartphone, what functions does it have, and what do you need to pay attention to choose the “right” smartphone and be satisfied with your gadget?
The main functions of the smartphone are:
- Internet access.
- Functions of photo/video shooting and a voice recorder.
- Audio/video playback of records.
- Reading e-books, and various documents.
- Work with e-mail.
- GPS navigator.
- All kinds of records: memos, contact information, lists, databases.
- Typing, programming.
- All kinds of games.
- Work with office applications.
- Control various electronic devices: TV, projector, DVD player, AV receiver, and more.
- Of course, making calls, SMS, and MMS has not gone away.
- Stopping other programs, thanks to which the smartphone turns into a minicomputer.
After the first acquaintance with smartphones, let’s move on to studying their characteristics and figure out:
Oddly enough, but unlike most other technology, choosing a smartphone is better to start with choosing a manufacturer. This is, firstly, a guarantee of the quality and durability of the device. Secondly, the performance of the gadget. After all, as you know, with the same technical characteristics, devices can radically differ in speed. You can buy HONOR 70 and you would have all the best features like flagship phones.
The leaders in smartphones are Apple, Samsung, Lenovo, Nokia, Sony, LG, and Xiaomi.
2. Number of SIM cards
With today’s variety of mobile operators, as well as their conditions, many users have 2-3 or more SIM cards. Previously, we just opened the back cover of the phone and changed them. Now you can purchase a phone into which you can insert 2 SIM cards at once and make/receive a call with the most beneficial one for us.
The smartphone screen has several characteristics:
- Screen diagonal. Buy a smartphone with a display that fits comfortably in your hand. However, keep in mind that modern apps and websites are easier to use on larger screens, which also have larger controls that look better on the eye.
- Matrix type. The most popular are AMOLED, Super AMOLED, and IPS. Moreover, some people like one option, others another. Personally, I prefer IPS.
- Screen resolution. The higher the screen resolution, the better. Firstly, watching high-resolution videos is much more pleasant, and secondly, the quality and clarity of displaying documents, photos, websites, games, and other applications will be much higher
- Protection of the display from ingress of dust and moisture (dust and moisture protection standard IP68)
- Special glass that protects the screen from scratches (gorilla glass)
4. Processor (CPU)
All modern smartphones, like computers, have their own “brain”, which is technically called a “processor”. There are 1, 2, 4, 8 processors and I think in the future there will be 16 or more core ones. The more cores, the faster and more stable the smartphone will perform several tasks at the same time.
Also, processors have a clock speed. The higher it is, the faster the phone thinks.