There may be occasions when you want to move a window to another monitor that has a Windows 10 OS. We have curated some of the most straightforward methods for you to be able to do this. Read on to know more!
Dragging and Dropping
- Dragging and dropping is one of the finest methods to achieve your objective. Just click on the title bar of the window you want to move.
- Click and hold the left mouse button to drag the window over to the other monitor.
- Once you have successfully moved the window to the other monitor, release the left mouse button so that you drop it right there.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
- Firstly, click on the window you want to move by selecting it.
- Then, press the Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Key. You can either select the left or the right arrow depending on the direction of the monitor onto which you want to move the window.
- Once done, the window will appear on the other monitor.
Using the Taskbar
- Begin by right-clicking the window’s icon located on the taskbar.
- Hover your mouse pointer on “Move to.”
- Next, choose the monitor onto which you want to move the window.
- The window will appear on the monitor.
Please note that this method may not work for all the setups. In that case, feel free to opt for our other methods.
Using Display Settings
- Right-click on a space on your desktop. Click on the “Display settings” option.
- Scroll down to find the “Multiple displays” section. Within this section, you can rearrange the display order so that it matches your physical Windows setup. This will make the drag-and-drop more user-friendly.
- Under the find, the “Multiple displays” section“, find the “Advanced display settings” and click on it.
- Another option is to rely on third-party software such as Display Fusion or Actual Multiple Monitors.
- These software apps will help you if you require advanced window management capabilities.
- However, do make sure that you download the third-party software from reliable sources only.
Though there may be several methods, we have curated a list of some of the easiest ways to help you in moving a window to another monitor efficiently. Choose the method that best suits your needs based on your preferences.