Every Android device has a unique identifier number called the serial number. You need to get hold of this number for several reasons, such as claiming a warranty and troubleshooting issues. At times, it may be necessary to verify your ownership in the case of theft.
So, if you do not know how to find the serial number of your Android, then this guide is for you. There are several ways in which you can find the serial number. We have listed some of the easiest ones for you!
- Via the Settings Menu:
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your Android phone.
- Under the settings menu, scroll down to find “About Phone” or “About Device” and tap on it.
- Once it opens, search for “Serial Number.” You will have the serial number displayed under this label.
Please note that the menu’s wording may vary slightly based on the device model you are using and its manufacturer.
- Via the device label:
- Check your Android device’s battery cover.
- Usually, the serial number would be printed on the label on the battery cover or behind it.
This is one of the easiest ways to find the serial number. However, certain Android devices may not have this information. In that case, use any of the other methods that we have mentioned.
- Via the original packaging:
- It is a good practice always to retain the original packaging of your Android device. You will find that the serial number is printed on the sticker or a label outside the box.
- Via the Device’s Dial Pad:
- Launch the phone app on your Android device.
- Dial *#06# and wait for a window to appear.
- The displayed window will display your Android device’s IMEI number.
Although the IMEI number is much different than the serial number, it is still useful in several situations when you do not have the serial number of your Android device.
- Via your Google account:
- Go to Google and navigate to the Find My Device website. Here is the link for your reference: https://www.google.com/android/find
- You will be prompted to log in using the credentials of your Google account.
- After logging in, you will be asked to select the device whose serial number you want to find.
- Once you have located the device, select it, and then you will find the serial number listed along with other relevant device information.
This method works only if your device is linked to your Google account.
- Via the manufacturer’s website:
- For some Android devices, you can find out the serial number on the manufacturer’s official website.
- For this, you will need the IMEI number. (Refer to Method 4 to find your Android device’s IMEI number.)
- Alternatively, you can also provide other key details for identification other than the IMEI number.
Please note that this method may not work for all Android manufacturers.
Since there are a variety of manufacturers on the market, the steps we have mentioned above may vary slightly. However, the overall gist remains the same.