Did you know you can create a custom lock screen on your Google Pixel? All that you need to do is follow a series of steps. Following these steps ensures that you can alter the elements such as the clock style, wallpaper, size, and color.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Accessing Settings:
- Begin by accessing the settings menu. From the top of your screen, swipe down twice and choose the gear-like icon. This opens the settings app.
- Navigating to Wallpaper & Style:
- After you have navigated to settings, look for the “Wallpaper & Style” option.
- Another way to do this is to look for a blank area on your home screen and press and hold it. A popup will appear where you can choose the “Wallpaper and style” option and the “Change wallpaper” option.
- Adjusting Lock Screen Settings:
- Now that you have selected the “Wallpaper & Style” option, navigate and select the “Lock Screen” option located at the top of the screen.
- Now, you are free to choose any clock style. There are several options, and you can view each one by swiping your screen.
- After you have chosen an option, tap on “Clock Color & Size” so that you can customize the clock for its color and size.
- Customizing Other Lock Screen Elements:
- Navigate to the main “Lock Screen” screen to adjust the colors based on your liking. Also, look for other options under “At a Glance” info.
- Next, select the desired wallpaper for your lock screen.
- Navigate and select “Shortcuts.” You can now customize two shortcuts present at the bottom corners of the lock screen.
- You can also show or hide notifications on the lock screen.
- If you want to explore some additional privacy and behavior-based settings, check out the “More Lock Screen Options” menu.
- Additional Customizations:
- For added customization, you can choose to turn shortcuts on or off in the lock screen, you can choose to add a lock screen message, and you can also choose to launch the camera on the lock screen itself.
- Customizing Screen Timeout:
- To customize screen timeout, select the “Display” option and then select the “Screen Timeout” option. Next, depending on your preference, choose the desired duration for screen time out. We would suggest that you have a shorter period for screen time out to save battery life.
- Customizing Lock Screen Shortcuts:
- Under the “Wallpaper & Style” section, tap the “Lock screen” option. Then, scroll down and select the “Shortcuts” option. Here, you can choose new functions, such as locking your phone and the left and right shortcuts.
- Make sure you test these options to work as per your need and preference.
These are some of how you can customize your Google Pixel’s lock. This will make the lock screen your reflection!