When choosing a smartphone, it is important to understand what features it is offering. But nowadays because of loaded features. We tend to miss many of the good features of a smartphone. Here is how you should keep up with the unknown ones:
Text to speech
Another option that is useful for visually impaired users. The speech synthesizer will help, if necessary, for example, to read a large article without peering into the text. In most versions of Android, Google’s proprietary service, TalkBack, is already installed. This speech synthesizer sounds everything that is currently on the screen: application names, menu items, texts of articles and e-books.
How to enable TalkBack on your smartphone:
- Open the settings, select “Management”, and in it – “Accessibility”.
- In the Audio section, click on TalkBack.
- Turn on the speech synthesizer.
To read the text, click on it – a green frame should appear. Then double click on the selected area. When reading voluminous texts, simply move the frame over the fragments.
In the advanced settings, you can turn on the sound of passwords (only in headphones) or change the volume of speech depending on the distance of the phone from the user.
A special Google service will help you find the phone that you accidentally left at home, in a cafe or in a locker room. This feature can help out in case of its theft. However, to use it, you need to do a lot in advance, while the gadget is exactly with you:
- The phone must be connected to a Google account – without this, in principle, you will not be able to use Google services: Gmail mail, downloading applications, and so on. However, usually all this is done immediately after buying a smartphone.
- The phone must be connected to the Internet.
- On the phone, you need to activate the “Location data” and “Find my device” functions – it is enabled in the gadget’s settings through the “Security and privacy” section.
If all conditions are met, then look for the lost gadget in the section of the Google site – Find My Device. If you buy HONOR 70, you will also get this amazing feature. Open the section on a PC or another smartphone by entering the details of the Google account to which the device is connected. In a few seconds, the search engine will indicate the location of the phone with an accuracy of several tens of meters – often this is enough.
Using the same section, you can also “ring out” a smartphone – this function is needed for those who often lose their gadget at home. Even on silent mode, the smartphone will ring at full volume for five minutes.
This is a convenient option that will allow you to give your smartphone to another user without fear that he will see some personal information, use applications that you do not want (for example, with in-app purchases). It is very convenient when the gadget needs to be given to the child.
How to switch to guest mode:
- Go to settings. Select “Users and Accounts”. In some shells, this item may be in the “System” section and in the “Advanced” or “Advanced settings” tab.
- Click on “Users”. The screenshot below shows that initially it is indicated that the smartphone is used by the Owner, that is, you.
- In the list of users, click on “Add Guest”.
- In the guest account settings, you can block access to certain applications, for example, messenger, gallery.
- After the guest account is created, click “Switch”.
To return to your account, go through the entire procedure up to and including step 3 and select the “You (Owner)” command.
This feature is useful if you need one snapshot of a web page that does not fit on one screen, a screenshot of a long conversation in a messenger or a feed on a social network. You don’t have to take screenshots screen by screen many times. On expensive Samsung and Huawei smartphones, the long screenshot feature is already built-in. For example, Huawei can access it through the quick settings menu at the top of the screen.
For smartphones where there is no built-in function, there are special applications. For example LongShot . After installing it, you can take snapshots of web pages or glue ready-made screenshots into one vertical or horizontal frame.