Workable Tips to Scan Docs and Images
Scanning docs and images take a couple of minutes now, even having a smartphone at hand. Still, the process may be a bit complicated if you lack basic knowledge about it. Some simple tips may ensure choosing better parameters of scanning and the same quality of scans. So, let’s move from the general to specific things.
A Bit of Background
When we speak about scanning, it is necessary to understand the DPI concept (dots per inch). It determines the quality of scanned documents. The higher DPI for scanning documents – the more realistic image is possible to get. A higher DPI takes more time to scan but provides better scanning quality. When making scans, it is important to choose an appropriate file type, like PDF, TIF, JPEG, PNG, etc. And also there are many other tips that ensure a high quality of scanning. Let’s review the basic ones.
Scanning Tips Depending on the Type of an Object
To get better scans, it is necessary to consider the type of object you are going to process. These are TOP workable tips for each type:
- Text. Scanning a text is not a complicated process and doesn’t require lots of time. Still, there are a few things to consider to enhance the quality of images. Use 300 DPI as a basic option. If a text is reprinted, use 600 DPI. Saving files in a PDF format is the best solution. To edit a text, use Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Color. To scan color photos, prefer 600 DPI at least. But, using 1200 DPI will provide nearly archival-quality of photos. Scanning over 1200 DPI is not necessary and can even make things worse. Saving photos in PNG format is more appropriate.
- Grayscale. These docs and images don’t contain colors but use gradients instead. It is preferable to use 300-600 DPI and PNG format for that purpose.
- Halftone. These images are made of small dots that form an image itself. These halftone images should be scanned using 1200 DPI or even greater (for older samples). Using a PNG format is preferable for this type of object.
If arranging all peculiarities while scanning docs is some complicated thing for you, make it easier. Use your iPhone with helpful tools. Install an app that has good options and suggestions.
Use specialized apps to get good scans using a phone
When you are out of the office or another place with workable scan machines, use your smartphone for that purpose. An iPhone will serve especially well as the device has a powerful camera. Arranging scanning using your phone will take a few minutes without sacrificing the quality of final docs. The only thing you need to have is a PDF Scanner App. It takes a few minutes to install the scan app for iPhone but it is surely a rewarding thing. Wondering how it can help you and how to use it?
- Scanning quickly. A couple of minutes only needed to scan docs.
- All formats are available, including such most popular ones as JPEG, PDF, and TXT. It is an easy thing to process such most common types of docs as IDs, certificates, bills, letters, etc.
- Editing is possible. Crop the images, and change their settings, color, perspective, and other parameters.
- Text conversion and recognition are available. Using a scanning app will make you forget about retyping any parts of a text. You may easily take a photo and convert an image entirely or its part into a textual form. Editing this converted text is also a possible thing, including fonts, sizes, colors, etc.
- Object ruler and counter are available. It is an easy thing to use your device and app to calculate the entire room area, length, and other parameters.
- Manage files after scanning effectively. Use different tags, folders, and other features to arrange scanned docs effectively.
- Prompt document sharing. It is an easy thing to send your scanned docs using your iPhone only via email or send it to Wi-Fi printers.
- Secure storage is ensured thanks to using e-signature, Face ID, PIN, and watermarks.
Scanning docs takes time but it is carried out a number of times faster when you apply the right settings from the first attempt. Save this article with useful tips. And always have a helpful app at hand to make the process even faster and with more quality results as an outcome.