While previous iPhone models had the option to toggle the battery percentage on or off in the Settings app, that’s not the case with the iPhone 12. If you have a habit of periodically checking your battery level throughout the day, you may be wondering how to display the battery percentage on your new iPhone.
Keep reading to learn how to enable the battery percentage on your iPhone 12.
Method 1: Control Center
Opening Control Center is the easiest and most convenient way to view your battery percentage. To do this:
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone 12’s display.
- On the top right of the Control Center panel, you should see the battery icon.
- You can see your phone’s battery percentage listed right next to the battery icon.
While this is the easiest way to view your battery percentage, it’s not the most accessible method. Additionally, it is more of a temporary solution, as the battery percentage will only be visible while Control Center is open.
Method 2: Home Screen Widgets
Widgets were one of the most anticipated features to come to the iPhone since Android has had them for years. With the release of iOS 14, Apple finally gave iPhone users the ability to add widgets to their home screens.
One of the most helpful widgets to add to your home screen is the battery widget. This widget will continuously display your battery percentage without you having to open Control Center every time. Not just that, but you can see all your connected devices’ battery levels from the widget, as well.
To add the battery widget to your home screen:
- Long-press on an empty spot on your home screen.
- Tap the “+” button in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Find the “Batteries” widget in the list and tap on it.
- Select the size of the widget that you want to add. While a 2×2 widget will show you your iPhone’s battery level, when connected with other devices, you’ll only see their battery levels in a visual form. If you want to see all your connected devices’ battery percentages, choose a 4×2 or 4×4 widget.
- Tap “Add Widget” in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Your new battery widget will be added to your home screen.
Method 3: Today View
If you don’t want to clutter your home screen with widgets, you can also add the battery widget to your Today View. The Today View is accessible by swiping right on your home screen.
To add the battery widget to your Today View:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Today View and tap “Edit.”
- Find the “Batteries” widget in the list and tap on the green “+” button next to it.
- Tap “Done” in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Your new battery widget will be added to your Today View.
These are just some of the ways that you can view your battery percentage on your iPhone 12. While the battery percentage isn’t as easily accessible as it was on previous iPhone models, it’s still possible to view it with a few taps.
If none of these methods work for you, consider downloading a third-party app from the App Store that will display your battery percentage on your home screen.