To format USB drives more significant than 32GB with FAT32 on Windows, you can use the following methods:
- Using FAT32 Format Tool:
- The easiest way to format larger USB drives with FAT32 is using a third-party FAT32 format tool. This method is straightforward and user-friendly.
- Using Windows PowerShell or Command Prompt:
- For some reason, the regular Windows format tool doesn’t provide the option to format USB drives more significantly than 32GB with the FAT32 file system. However, you can overcome this limitation using PowerShell or the Command Prompt.
- Using Seagate DiscWizard:
- Seagate DiscWizard allows drives more significant than 32GB to be formatted with a FAT32 file system. It’s important to note that using a drive of 2TB or smaller is recommended for the best possible outcome. You must know certain limitations and requirements when using a drive larger than 2TB.
- Using Third-Party Tools:
- several third-party tools can help you format larger USB drives to FAT32. One such tool is “Recoverit USB Drive Data Recovery,” which not only assists in formatting but also helps in data recovery.
It’s essential to back up any important data on the USB drive before formatting, as the process will erase all data on the drive. You can always choose the best method for your needs and technical expertise.