Sometimes, there’s a need to embed a PDF file within an Excel workbook, such as when creating a catalog with product-specific PDFs.
1: Using Adobe Acrobat
- Open your Excel spreadsheet where you want to embed the PDF.
- Go to Insert > Object.
- Click Create > Browse to locate the PDF you want to insert.
- Before clicking OK, check the boxes that say Link to file and Display as icon.
- Right-click on the PDF icon and select Format Object.
- In the pop-up window, click Properties, then choose Move and size within cells.
2: Using Excel’s Insert Feature
- Go to the Insert tab in Excel.
- Click on the Object icon in the Text group.
- select the ‘Create New’ tab in the Object dialog box and then choose ‘Adobe Acrobat Document’ from the list. (Note: You need to install Adobe Reader on your system for the Adobe object to appear in the list).
- Check the option ‘Display as icon’.
- Click OK, select the PDF file you want to embed, and click Open.