Well, turning off the laptop keyboard is quite challenging. But it isn’t possible to turn it off. So, just follow the steps and instructions mentioned in this article and figure out how to disable it.
Steps to disable laptop keyboard temporarily:
- To disable your laptop keyboard temporarily, go to the “Start Menu” and look for the “Device Manager” option.
- Now, tap on the “Device Manager”,and select the “Keyboards management” bar and double click your arrow to its left.
- Select-“Turn off a laptop keyboard” under the segment of device manager.
- Now, the segment of “Keyboard Management” will display here on the laptop screen. Using your mouse, right-click on the option appearing on your screen.
- Now, your laptop keyboard will finally be temporarily disabling. Your keyboard probably will stay still unless you resume working or restart your system.
NOTE: Your device keyboard will automatically resume after you restart the device.
Steps for plugging USB into the Keyboard with a laptop
You can connect a USB keyboard to a laptop with Easy Steps:
- Firstly, make sure that your USB cord and cable are in working condition and aren’t ripped apart.
- Now plug the cord into your Laptop’s USB port or HDMI port.
- The hardware drive of your laptop shall automatically install.
- Congratulations! You can now use both your USB connected keyboard and Laptop keyboard.
Likewise, you can also use Bluetooth Keyboard alongside your laptop keyboard by connecting it over Bluetooth pairing.
To permanently disable your Laptop keyboard follow these steps:
- Click on the Start Menu and tune into the search bar to look for ‘gpedit.msc’
- Select the “Computer Configuration file” and proceed to visit the “Administrative Templates” under the section of “System- Device Installation” prompting on your laptop screen.
- Now, proceed to the “Device Installation Restrictions” menu. A series of choices for various settings will prompt exactly to the right on your screen. Now, with the help of your mouse point your cursor on “Prevent Installation of Devices” and rght-click on it.
- Voila! You have successfully disabled your Laptop Keyboard permanently with the above steps.
Things you should consider post disabling your device Keyboard:
Since this disabled your keyboard permanently, there is a tip to remember in case you wish to reactivate your keyboard in future. Just log on to gpedit.msc from your Start Menu and revert the disabling changes. There you go; you can re-install and restart your laptop keyboard again.