Gone are the days when mobile phones held no significance in our lifestyles. In the computer age we now live in, smartphones are essential to the way we get our jobs done, live through boredom, stay in constant connection with friends and families, get through the day, capture life’s most important and intriguing moments, and many more.
All of these say how much a smartphone is more than a text screen; but also a bank for lots of information and documents. It is no news that many people’s lives depend on their smartphones, and that’s because they have some crucial data stored in them, which they cannot afford to lose as it would compromise a lot of things.
Therefore, for this reason, backing up your phone often is a worthwhile investment of your time. You may not know how to start the backing up process; read on to know how and be saved from possible mishaps that could cause you to lose your phone and important data.
3 Ways to Backup Your iPhone Device
- Backing Up to iCloud
Each iPhone device has its unique iCloud, and backing up to it is the easiest and, perhaps, safest you can have. It is also Apple’s first recommendation. To ensure an effective backing up process, follow the following steps:
- Ensure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and you have enough iCloud storage space.
- Click on “Settings,” tap on your phone’s account name and navigate to “iCloud.”
- Hit the “iCloud” tab and scroll down to “iCloud Backup,” toggle on the tab and click on “Backup Now” to commence the process.
- Backing Up to MacOS
Backing up iPhone on macOS is another reliable alternative, particularly when lots of data is involved. In this case, this method is faster than the iCloud backup. Backing up on the Mac can be on OS Catalina 10.15 or later, or on OS Mojave 10.14 or earlier. Either one is cool and highly effective.
- Tether the iPhone to your Mac PC to initiate the process
- Click on “Finder” and choose your iPhone in the sidebar
- Click on the “General” tab on the right-hand side and click “Backup Now.”
The time the backup process takes to complete hinges on the size of data you have on your smartphone. Regardless, it will not take forever.
- Backing up to a Windows PC
No problem if you don’t have a Mac PC to backup your iPhone. Grab your Windows PC and follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using a data cable
- Launch the iTunes app on your desktop and click on the iPhone icon at the bottom-left of the app
- Click on “Summary”
- Click on “Back up,” the “Backup Now”