The topic “How to remake a T-shirt” is relevant for those women who are concerned about achieving a stylish look with minimal financial costs. The usual boring basic pieces take up little space in the wardrobe of a real fashionista. But that doesn’t mean they’re completely useless. Based on them, you can create completely new products by converting uninteresting T-shirts into original models.
Even the lack of tailoring experience is not a problem. In many cases, the reworking operation is so simple that scissors alone can be dispensed with. The edges of knitwear are often left raw. This technique is often used in modern design. What are the main ways to fashion a T-shirt upgrade?
The easiest way to transform a T-shirt is to change the cut of the sleeves. Basic style T-shirts usually have wide sleeves that don’t look too impressive. The narrowing operation will not take much time. It is enough to turn the T-shirt inside out and sew a couple of centimeters into the seam. If necessary, you can also shorten the sleeve. Or you can just turn them in a crop top girls shirt to reinvent a simple T-shirt.
Change gate cutout
The collar of an ordinary T-shirt looks dull. Take your scissors and cut the neckline to your liking.
- For example, cut an oval from shoulder to shoulder so that the collarbones are visible. The T-shirt will immediately look much sexier.
- Make a tube top out of a T-shirt. Take a long copy and cut off the top along with the sleeves along the armpit line so that instead of a T-shirt you have a knitted tube in front of you. Turn and sew a couple of centimeters at the top to make a drawstring, into which you insert a tie or a long cord. You will get an off-the-shoulder top.
- Also, you can convert the T-shirt into an asymmetrical one-shoulder top.
- Finally, you can quickly make a top with a bridle collar from a T-shirt. Cut off the sleeves and the top of the back along the line between the armpits. Make a triangular cut in front. Using scissors, use scissors to cut the rest of the top of the T-shirt into neat straps, the width of which is adjusted depending on your physique and bust size (the fuller, the wider).
The processing of the collar cutout can be carried out in several ways: overlock, using a special edging braid, by bending and stitching. Not everyone has an overlock at home, so the first method is unacceptable for most women. The edging tape, which can be bought at a specialty store, is simply carefully tucked in and then attached along the edge of the cutout. In this way, it is desirable to process rounded cutouts. Now let’s look at how to process a triangular cutout by hem.
- Turn the T-shirt inside out, lay it out on a flat, hard surface and mark the future neckline with a pencil, giving a couple of centimeters to the seam.
- Cut out the outline with scissors, making a vertical cut at the very bottom.
- Fold up the seam allowances and baste them.
- Press the hem with an iron.
- Attach the hem.
If necessary, you can shorten the T-shirt if it turned out to be too long. But do not rush to do this, because it can be worn instead of a tunic. If, however, the length does not suit you, there is nothing easier to make the T-shirt shorter. It is not at all necessary to expose the stomach, although such styles are now in fashion. But removing a few extra centimeters sometimes means turning an unsightly thing into a stylish one.
In addition, it is possible to make the style original if the bottom is asymmetrical.