According to certain statistics, in 2022, the market size of audiobook publishing industry in United States has reached $1.2 billion, and it is still expected to grow. Meanwhile, this also drives more people to change their reading habits than ever before. In recent years, the number of the audiobook consumption is also rising to the highest peak.
When people have great demands towards audiobooks, the two largest audiobook providers, Audible and iTunes, have gathered up more users desiring to find audiobooks they like for listening. However, as the platforms also have to consider protecting the copyright of the content, they strictly limit the audiobooks playback by adding DRM encryption to them. Even for the purchased audiobooks, playback limitations still exist.
So, in this review, the two best audiobook downloaders are recommended for both Audible and iTunes audiobooks listeners to find the way to download audiobooks offline in mainstream formats. In this way, users are able to enjoy more flexible audiobooks streaming. If you are also getting annoyed by the limitations set by Audible and iTunes that have prevented you from free streaming audiobooks on other unauthorized devices, grasp the two helpful software below to get it solved!
To download the purchased audiobooks from iTunes Store, MuConvert Apple Music Converter is no doubt the best pick you should consider. It is able to import your whole iTunes library to help process the audiobooks and music conversion with super-fast speed in a hassle-free way. MuConvert Apple Music Converter also provides the most universally supported formats to output the audio files, including MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, AC3, AU, and AIFF. After downloading the iTunes audiobooks, you are able to transfer them to any device such as iPod, iPhone, Zune, MP3 player, Android tablets, etc. without iTunes authorization at all.
Supported OS: Windows, Mac
Pricing: Starts from US$14.95 (free trial available)
Pros and Cons of MuConvert Apple Music Converter
- Auto detect and load iTunes library for direct iTunes audiobooks selection conveniently;
- A variety of mainstream audio formats supported, including MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, AC3, AU, and AIFF;
- 100% original quality ensured to output the iTunes audiobooks without lowering the streaming quality after downloading them offline;
- Preserve full audiobook chapter as well as the ID3 tags info for convenient audiobooks management in your offline library;
- Customized audio parameters available for you to personalize the audiobook condition as you require;
- Available to process the batch conversion with up to 10X faster speed to boost higher efficiency.
- Requiring users to pre-install iTunes and save the audiobooks to iTunes library in advance;
- Only 3 minutes of each iTunes audiobook available to be converted during the free trial period (30 days).
MuConvert Apple Music Converter Tutorial
Now, follow this brief guide and see how you can download iTunes audiobooks within 4 steps via MuConvert Apple Music Converter.
STEP 1. After the installation of both iTunes (remember to save the iTunes audiobooks to your iTunes library in advance) and MuConvert Apple Music Converter, launch the software and it will automatically sync with iTunes. When the library is loaded in MuConvert Apple Music Converter, select the “Audiobooks” playlist and also the items you desire to download.
STEP 2. After selecting the iTunes audiobooks, go to “Output Settings” and select the output format for downloading the books. Additionally, other parameter settings such as the quality, codec, sample rate, bitrate, and channels are able to be personalized.
STEP 3. If you desire to edit the ID3 info of the audiobooks, navigate to “Metadata”. Here MuConvert Apple Music Converter enables users to freely edit the title, artist, album, genre, album art, etc. starting the audiobooks download.
STEP 4. Once the settings are done, directly start the iTunes audiobooks download by hitting the “Convert” button. Then, all the selected items will be added to the conversion queue and MuConvert Apple Music Converter will batch download them quickly for you.
MuConvert Audible Converter – Download Audible Audiobooks to PC
While for the audiobooks provided on the world’s largest platform, Audible, another professional software, MuConvert Audible Converter is specially designed to download audiobooks from it with out-performing functionality.
MuConvert Audible Converter ensures 60X faster speed to download hours long audiobooks from Audible platform in batch without losing any quality. By converting the Audible books format from their original encrypted AA, AAX to the universally supported options such as MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC, users are able to transfer them to any device for having the offline listening at anytime and anywhere, without relying on Audible desktop software or its mobile app anymore.
Supported OS: Windows, Mac
Pricing: Starts from US$9.99 (free trial available)
Pros and Cons of MuConvert Audible Converter
- One click to strip DRM from Audible books and convert them to mainstream formats such as MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC as offline files;
- Lossless quality maintained to have equally same audiobooks listening experience offline;
- Preservation of Audible book’s chapter info as well as ID3 tags during the download process;
- Batch conversion supported with 60X accelerated speed ensured;
- Splitting feature available to divide Audible books into smaller audio clips by time, segment, or chapter;
- Ads-free environment and stable in-app performance to guarantee security software functionality.
- You are required to download Audible books in AA/AAX files offline at first;
- The free trial of MuConvert Audible Converter only supports to download 2 full audiobooks within 15 days.
MuConvert Audible Converter Tutorial
When you have downloaded the audiobooks from Audible in AA/AAX format, process to convert the files in non-DRM audio files with MuConvert Audible Converter to boost the free playback via only 4 simple steps now.
STEP 1. Launch MuConvert Audible Converter as its installation completes. Then, directly drag the Audible books to the interface for adding to the software and get ready for the format conversion.
STEP 2. You are available to select an output format for each audiobook to convert. For further customize the audio parameters such as sample rate and bitrate, you are required to go to “Menu” > “Preferences” > “Advanced” and process the settings.
NOTE: In “Preferences” the audiobook splitting mode is also able to be selected if you need to use it.
STEP 3. Now, you are able to edit the ID3 info of the audiobook before starting the conversion by hitting the ID3 edit icon next to the audiobook name. The title, artist, album, and genre are all available to be changed here.
STEP 4. Finally, simply hit the “Convert All” icon and the Audible books will be added to the converting queue. Then MuConvert Audible Converter will batch process the format conversion and download them to non-DRM audio files offline for you.
When audiobooks have greatly occupied our life and become an essential mean for us to enrich the knowledge, having such convenient audiobook downloaders definitely help us to enjoy them in more flexible ways. Hence, grasp any or both of these two software, and set free to the iTunes as well as Audible books for streaming them freely now!