Twitch TV is solely built for Gamers. It is a gaming-focused website where users can stream their favorite gaming videos and enhance their skills and game tactics.
It is used for live broadcasting or to access the pre-recorded gaming videos. Audio commentary is also added to the videos to understand it more efficiently, and it is also fantastic to repeat some tips for improvising. Perhaps, Twitch is a boon for the gaming community that influences the youth to interact and develop new gaming techniques. Sometimes a non-gamer also starts to play after watching these videos. Hence, this also widens the opportunities for the future generation to explore and build more games and create videos.
Streaming Twitch on your Smart TV is undoubtedly convenient and easy. All you have to do is register your device with Twitch with the following process:
- Go to the app store and download the Twitch application. However, this might be an issue as many devices do not support the app anymore.
- In that case, use google Chromecast or any other external device capable of casting the screen on your Smart TV.
- Else, download the ‘Tubio application’ on your smartphone.
- After installing the app, visit the menu on the app.
- Click on the ‘TV icon’ appearing at the bottom right corner.
- A list consisting of all TVs connected to the same internet of your phone will display, select ‘twitch.tv.’
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- After casting/downloading Twitch on your TV screen, an activation code of several characters will appear.
- Next- go to twitch.tv/activate on your PC or laptop.
- Enter the unique code that you have received earlier.
- Now, select ‘Continue’ and complete the activation process.
- A notification for successful registration of your device with Twitch will pop up.
- Accept the notification and click on ‘Continue.’
- Next- Sign-In with your username or password. If you don’t have an account on Twitch; Continue with your Google or Facebook account.
- Tap on ‘Continue’ and start streaming Twitch on your Smart TV.
Devices compatible with Twitch are listed here:
- Roku devices (Although you might not be able to download Twitch, you can still use it if your device already has it)
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android Smartphones, Tablets and TV
- Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV
- Google Chromecast
- Computer devices like Windows and MacBook
- All iOS devices
- Game Consoles like Playstation 3, PS4 and the latest PS5, Xbox One, NVIDIA Shield