Trakt, as the name suggests, is a platform that helps to keep track of all the movies and TV shows that we watch. This App is an add-on to Trakt, Emby, and others that does the same job. However, Trakt does much more than just organizing the library of movies and TV shows. It also uses our watch list Data to look for similar movies and shows. In addition, it provides recommendations for other matching programs.
Steps to activate Trakt TV on Smart TV:
To access the features of Trakt TV from your big screen, you need to activate the device first. Therefore, follow the given steps:
- All the devices (Smart TV and Smartphone or laptop) must connect to the same Internet Connection.
- Open the App Store and look for the track TV app from the navigation panel
- Click on the install option to download
- After the installation process is complete, launch the application.
- An activation code will appear on your device’s screen when you open the Sign-in Menu on the App.
- Now from your smartphone or laptop, log on to trakt.tv/activate, and a new page will appear asking to enter the code for starting Trakt.
- There log into your account using the credentials and enter the activation code previously displayed on the TV screen.
- After entering the code, click on the Activate option.
- A message for successful registration will prompt on the screen of your Smart TV.
- Next- Click on the Continue option to stream Trakt unlimitedly.
Features of Trakt that will help you choose it:
The App provides multiple features. Some of them are listed below:
- Managing videos and shoes that we stream
- Tracking of media that users are watching
- collections cataloging
- personalized movie and TV show recommendations
- Push notifications
- Email notifications
- Tracking of show progress that user is watching
- Watch lists
- Community discussions
- Calendars with the automatic personalized viewing system
- Social network sharing in real-time through Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook
- Featured lists
- Allows to follow others and find friends
Subscription fees for Trakt:
There are two versions available for the App. One is the standard version that comes without any cost, and the other one is the VIP version that charges an amount of 2.50 dollars per month.
This VIP version comes with extra features along with the standard ones mentioned above. The additional features are:
Ad-free version tier, Advanced search, VIP badges, Advanced filtering, access to early upcoming and new features, Amazon Alexa integration, Private VIP discussion forums, Calendar notifications, Custom calendars, Etc.
Compatible devices that support Trakt App
There are multiple devices from which you can control the Trakt app. Now you can manage all your videos, TV shows, movies, etc. Under one head. The devices that support the Trakt App are as follows:
- Android TV
- Samsung Tizen – Tizen 2 and the newer versions
- Roku devices
- Android mobile and tablets
- Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV stick, Fire TV edition
- Amazon Kindle Fire tablet seven and its newer versions
- Apple TV with 4th generation and newer versions
- iPhone 6 and the more recent versions with IOS 9 And the above operating system
- IPad third-generation and newer versions
- Xbox One
- Google Chromecast
- Kodi Box, Mi Box, Nvidia Shield