It is a media management platform consisting of a Plex media server and Plex, the new playback application. Through this setup system, people only need to organize that file collection on the server. With the Plex app, the media library is accessible from every device. There are two tires available For Flex users. The first one is the free version, where users can create an account free of cost and still enjoy the basic streaming capabilities and media organization. This tired does not provide high-level features, but users can easily access cast contents to other devices.
How to register the app? Follow the below steps to stream Plex on your Smart TV.
- First visit Plex.tv/link and create an account
- Open the Smart TV and visit the app store
- Look for the Plex App and download it.
- After installation is done, open the app.
- Use your credentials to log in to the Plex app.
WHY CHOOSE PLEX?
- After the successful configuration of the media server, users of the Plex app can now stream and even download content from the server on one device and others.
- Using the new cross-platform Plex app, people can now share the library with their friends and families.
- Plex is an application that helps you build a server that is always accessible and provides playback applications on multiple platforms.
- It supports almost any media files, be it MP3, M4A, FLAC, or WMA. All the files are good to go with Plex.
- If you add image files, any formats like TBN, RAW, JPG, and PNG Will be accessible through Plex.
- This app is also handy in converting non-supported files to usable formats.
Devices that are capable of playing the Plex app are as follows:
All the leading operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, and FreeBSD Are compatible and will support the Plex app. Users can enjoy the app from anywhere and at any time on multiple devices, even at the same time. You can access the contents either from home or from out. The devices that support the Plex app are:
- Android phones
- PlayStation 4
- Android TV with operating system 8.0 and above
- Apple TV
- Android tablets like Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, and above
- Apple Watch Series 3 and above
- Apple iPhone 5S and above
- Xbox one
- Apple iPod touch 7th generation
- Apple tablets: IPad Air, IPad Mini, IPad Pro, IPad 5th generation, and above
- Roku Devices- Roku ultra, Roku stick, Roku TV, Roku stick plus, Roku express, Roku 3, with all the operating system versions
- Amazon Devices- Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV stick, Amazon Fire TV stick 4K, Amazon fire TV cube
- Amazon tablet
- VR platforms
- Google Pixel 3, etc.
The subscription fees for PLex are $ 4.99 per month and $39.99 per year. There is also an option for a lifetime subscription that costs $119.99.
This premium subscription includes every feature available in the free version plus a range of others. The other features include automatic lyrics, auto-tagging, premium music and photos options, offline mobile syncing.