MTV is a cable station in the United States that first broadcasted on August 1, 1981. It is the flagship product of the MTV Entertainment Group, which is a division of ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks. It is based in New York City. MTV is the ideal site to watch the network’s original series, see the latest music videos, and keep up with today’s celebrity news because it is the premier young entertainment brand.
View MTV without cable. MTV is available on any of the following streaming services: Hulu, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, ‘Vidgo’ app, and AT&T TV are some of the streaming services available. Now it’s your turn. You can watch MTV on streaming devices, mobile devices, and online using these streaming providers. These streaming providers offer an MTV live stream, allowing you to view MTV shows like you would if you had cable.
How to access and watch the contents of MTV on Smart TV?
An example is the most excellent method to demonstrate this. Assume we have a Roku and a Philo subscription. To get the MTV app to work on our device, we can follow the steps below. While the methods below require Philo and Roku to watch MTV, the approach is the same for most streaming services and devices.
- Go to your device’s channel store or app store. It’s known as the “Channel Store” on Roku.
- Look up “MTV” on the internet.
- After that, open the MTV app on your device.
- The MTV app will then be activated using an activation code and a URL – mtv.com/activate displayed on your Roku device.
- You go to the URL using a PC or mobile web browser.
- After that, you’ll be asked for a TV provider as well as a login and password. I’m going to type in my Philo username and password.
- Your TV screen will update after you login into MTV’s website. You should now have access to all of the app’s video content.
All of the following streaming devices are compatible with the MTV app:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android Devices
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iOS Devices