In February 2010, HBO Go was launched by the American Premier cable network HBO for its viewers who stay outside the US. The most popular on-demand HBO content is streamed on the app. These include movie series events that are currently being showed and many series and movies that were telecasted in the past. Its Collection includes all the films released via 20th Century Fox and Universal Pictures. It provides TV everywhere demand service. Although it doesn’t offer a live TV facility, any new content is generally available on the application after some minutes; the episode is broadcasted.
To Access HBO Go, the first step is to acquire an HBO subscription. It can be purchased online on their website HBO.com/order. After purchase, you will receive a user ID and password to sign in to HBO Go.
How to add and watch HBO Go on Smart TV
To access HBO Go from the smart TV, the device needs to be activated. For this, the following steps are required:
- Open your smart TV and visit the App Store.
- Locate the HBO Go app from the list.
- Download and install the application.
- Open the app and follow the process displayed on the screen.
- A QR code will be shown on the TV screen. Use your phone camera to scan it.
- You need to have the HBO Go app installed on your mobile phone and logged in for this process. This activation process can also be done through the hbogo.com/activate web page.
- This process will automatically activate your smart TV.
- After the successful activation, the remaining step is to log in to the smart TV, which requires you to choose the service provider and enter the credentials given to you for the service provider account.
Enjoy HBO Go on all compatible devices!
HBO Go is a free application that requires a paid subscription to the HBO channel. It is home to various popular TV shows and can be watched through multiple devices. It also gives the benefit of accessing the HBO Go app from multiple devices at the same time. Devices such as:
- All Roku players
- smart TVs
- Apple devices
- Android phones and tablets
- Xbox, PlayStation (PS3 & PS4)
- Amazon fire TV stick
- Samsung Smart TV etc., are all compatible with the app. (It requires a high-speed Internet connection of a minimum speed of 3Mbps for a better view.)