BBC America is a primary cable network in the United States co-owned by BBC Studios and AMC Networks. The station mainly broadcasts science fiction and action shows and films and selected BBC programming (such as its nature documentary series). BBC America features original American scripted programming as well as the greatest of British entertainment. Doctor Who, Orphan Black, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, Broadchurch, Planet Earth II, Top Gear, and other hit shows are drama, science fiction, natural history, entertainment, and movies on offer.
To watch BBC America, you don’t need cable. BBC America is available on Philo, Sling TV, fuboTV, AT&T TV, and YouTube TV, among other streaming options. You can watch BBC America on streaming devices, mobile devices, and online using these streaming providers. Great shows like The Graham Norton Show, Killing Eve, and Doctor Who air on BBC America, and each of these services includes a cloud DVR, so you can watch them live or record them to watch later.
Devices that support BBC America app
Full episodes, video extras, and a sneak peek at upcoming series are available for your favourite BBC America programs. Log in to your cable or satellite provider to watch BBC America LIVE or full episodes of your favourite shows. You may also search the collection, keep track of recently watched episodes, and pick up where you left off. Trailers and behind-the-scenes footage are also available to view. New episodes are released during the season, usually, the day after they air. All of this is available on the BBC America app, which is supported by several devices like: –
- All iOS devices
- All Android devices
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Sling TV
How to access and watch the contents of BBC America on a smart TV?
Let’s suppose we have a Philo TV subscription and a Roku device. To get the BBC America app to run on our smartphones, we can follow the steps below. While the methods below require Philo and Roku to watch BBC America, the technique is the same for most streaming providers and devices.
- Go to your device’s channel store or app store. It’s known as the “Channel Store” on Roku.
- Look for BBC America on the internet.
- After that, open the BBC America app on your smartphone, which can be downloaded using bbcamerica.com/activate
- After that, your Roku device will display an activation code and a URL.
- You go to the URL using a PC or mobile web browser.
- After that, you’ll be asked for a TV provider as well as a login and password. I’m going to type in my Philo username and password. I’ll present a complete list of TV everywhere apps and supported streaming TV providers in the following part.
- Your TV screen will update after you check in to BBC America’s website. You should now have access to all of the app’s video content.